Recently, Facebook parent company Meta has appointed Sandhya Devanathan as its India head. She heads the operations of Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp in India. In her new role, she will report to Dan Neary, Vice President at Meta Asia-Pacific. Let’s know about her in a few points.
- Sandhya Devanathan pursued her graduation in Chemical Engineering from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam. Later, she completed her MBA from Delhi University’s Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) in the year 2000.
- Sandhya has an international career in banking, payments and technology, with 22 years of rich experience as business leader.
- In 2016, she joined Meta and played a key role in building out the Singapore and Vietnam businesses and teams. She was instrumental in the company’s e-commerce initiatives in Southeast Asia.
- In 2020, Sandhya was made to lead the company’s gaming efforts in the Asia-Pacific region, one of the largest verticals for Meta globally.
- As per Sandhya’s LinkedIn profile, she is a strong advocate of women in leadership and promoting diversity at the workplace. She is the Executive Sponsorfor Women@APAC at Meta as well as the global lead for Play Forward, a global Meta initiative to improve diversity representation in the gaming industry.
Ms Devanathan also serves on the global board of Pepper Financial Services.